Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Fishing CREDO

One of our assignments for English involved writing a Credo. It was based off the "This I believe..." series. This credo will be the base of the paper we will be writing. I just thought I would share my ideas with you.

I believe in hooks.
            A hook can mean many things. It can refer to the catch line of a song, or the underlying message in a business proposal. These hooks refer to something that draws people in, or lures them to the bait you are tossing out. To me however, the most important hook is the simple, yet very important, fishing hook.
            A fishing hook enables people to fish, not only to survive, but also as a pastime. Fishing, to many, seems like a novel idea, but they never make the time to go wet a line. It’s a time to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and find solitude. It’s important to get a little R&R every once in a while. People can’t keep chugging along at 1,000 beats per minute for long before they wear themselves out. Relaxing should be a key element in everyone’s’ lives. It helps lower stress levels; it increases happiness and enables people to have a positive outlook on life. I believe that hooks represent relaxation. 
Fishing is my sanctuary, its time I take just for me to recollect on things and think. That is until that first fish bites, and then I’m caught up in the excitement of reeling in the unseen and unknown. How big is the fish on the end of my line? What kind of fish is it? How big of a fight is it going to put up? Is it going to slip off the hook right before I pull it ashore? There are so many unknowns that create the thrill and rush of hooking a fish and reeling it in.  Getting that caught up in something allows me to escape from the stresses of everyday life. Not a thought in my mind pertains to work or homework or classes or family problems when I’m out on that lake. My mind is on hooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment