Sunday, September 5, 2010

Why do I care about fishing?

The reasoning behind my topic choice is I absolutely love to fish. My dream job would probably be to work for the Game and Fish Dept or for BLM or anything where I could be involved with fishing. I really think that Wyoming could do a lot more to promote fishing within the state, especially to those who are from out of state. They could make a killing on the profits from selling out-of-state fishing licenses. Not to mention, I'm sure we have all seen the commercials promoting tourism within the state, they very rarely depict water or fishing. If you ask people from across the country what they think of when they think of Wyoming they will tell you "the Wild West", prairies, mountains, and tumble weeds. None of that pertains to lakes, rivers, or fishing at all. I would like to change that! WY has some gorgeous locations to fish at! Below is a picture I took this past summer, I caught 12 rainbow trout that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment